A New Chapter Soon Begins
After 14 years as a member – and almost 10 years on staff – at Wake Cross Roads Baptist Church in Raleigh, NC, our family will be headed to Central Baptist Church in Henderson, NC where I will begin serving as Sr. Pastor on January 1. This is obviously a bittersweet time for our family as we have such a long time of investment and so many deep personal relationships here. At the same time, we are tremendously excited about what God has done in bringing this about and what He intends to do in the days ahead.
Here are a few quick details and prayer requests for our transition. Our last Sunday at Wake Cross Roads will be Sunday, December 16. We will then take a break for Christmas before beginning ministry at Central in January. As for prayer requests:
1) Pray that our house sells quickly so we can relocate to the Henderson/Oxford area in time for a smooth mid-year school transition for our kids.
2) Pray for wisdom and discernment regarding all the decisions that have to be made in a transition such as this.
3) Pray for me to be focused, be faithful, and to finish strong as I complete my responsibilities at Wake Cross Roads. I want to run hard to the end.
4) Pray for God’s wisdom and gracious provision for Wake Cross Roads as they consider how to move ahead regarding filling my vacated position.
5) Pray for God to continue preparing Central Baptist Church for what I trust will be many, many, many years of ministry together for God’s glory.
We appreciate your prayers for our family and for these church families that we love.
(In the days ahead I will write some additional posts about some things we have experienced in this process: how God opens our hearts for change; leading your kids through significant life-changes; etc.)